Friday, January 4, 2008

Joel Sailo




Every once in a while , an art manager such as myself discovers talent so fresh , underexposed & brilliant that it makes up for all the other staid, usual stuff one has to source & promote on a daily basis. Today, I stumbled onto Joel Sailo's site. I was absolutely delighted to find out he was desi. Bangalore based Mizo artist & illustrator Joel Sailo has a bachelor's degree in fine arts from the Chitrakala Parishad. I love how unique & urbane his works are. Illustration just doesn't get the attention it deserves from mainstrain contemporary art. I , for one would love to see more Indian illustrators emerge out of the woodwork .

3 comments:

  1. hey joel...i dekthei tho ani eh.
    may god bless u.. lalni

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo dude its awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. joel is an amazing artist!!!

    ReplyDelete